REFRIED BEAN POBLANOS WITH CHEESE
Great quick, healthy supper in 10 minutes or less! Serve with a green salad or the Mexican Tomato Salad pictured here.
Nutritional Information - serving is 2 poblano halves (serves 4)
303 calories - 6 g. fat - 17 g. protein - 7.7 g. fiber
- 4 medium poblanos, halved and seeded
- 16 oz. can fat free refried beans
- 1 pouch microwaveable cooked long-grain rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1/2 c. picante sauce or salsa
- 1 c. preshredded, reduced fat four-cheese Mexican blend
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Place chile halves, cut side up, on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
2. While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce or salsa, stirring well. Spoon bean mixture evenly into 8 chile halves.
3. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 2 minutes more.
4. Uncover chiles, sprinkle with cheese, and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes more until cheese begins to melt.
5. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro and serve.