ORZO WITH FETA, CHICKEN, LEMON, & DILL
Recipe serves six (enormous portions)! The recipe doesn't call for ground pepper, but I added some ground pepper to the casserole prior to baking.
- 4 c. chicken broth (approximately one box)
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. orzo (typically one box)
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh dill
- 2 c. feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- Juice of one small lemon
- 1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring chicken broth, water, butter, and salt to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Combine orzo, chicken pieces, dill, feta, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a three-quart casserole dish.
3. Pour chicken broth mixture over the dry ingredients.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until pasta appears creamy and slightly browned on top.
5. Let stand for five minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and allow to melt slightly. Serve immediately.