CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE PUDDING CAKE
Nutritional Information (Per serving - serves 6)
276 calories - 13 g. fat - 1.5 g. fiber
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar, plus more for baking dish
- 6 large eggs at room temperature, separated
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Grease a 2-qt. baking dish with either butter or cooking spray. Coat with granulated sugar, tapping out excess.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate.
3. In a large bowl, mix egg yolks with granulated sugar until lightened in color. Add melted chocolate and set aside.
4. In a large, clean bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. (A handheld electric mixer will work great.)
5. Whisk 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Add remaining whites, gently folding in with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Transfer batter to prepared dish. Place dish in a larger dish or roasting pan and add water to larger dish until it reaches one inch up the side of the dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and set, approximately 25-35 minutes.