TOMATO-BASIL LASAGNA WITH PROSCIUTTO
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 9)
272 calories - 5.6 g. fat - 20.8 g. protein - 2.1 g. fiber
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and ends removed
- 16-oz. carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese (I used fat free)
- 4 oz. (1/2 block) fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Romano cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 26-oz. jar fat-free tomato basil pasta sauce
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles (I recommend using no-boil noodles)
- 1 c. chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Drop garlic through food chute of food processor. Process until minced.
3. Add cottage cheese and process 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Add cream cheese, 2 tbsp. Romano cheese, basil, crushed red pepper, and egg. Process until well-combined.
5. Spread 1/2 c. pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese mixture, 1/3 c. chopped prosciutto, and 3/4 c. pasta sauce. Repeat two times, ending with noodles.
6. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles and top with 2 tbsp. Romano cheese and part-skim mozzarella.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Sadie was quite upset because she didn't get any of our lasagna. (Doesn't she look miffed?!) However, don't feel too sorry for this little dog. She got a little chopped prosciutto on top of her food last night and she also got three new dog toys this weekend! Happy cooking!