QUICK CRAB CAKES
The original recipe says to broil 1-2 minutes until browned. I was nervous about forgetting my crab cakes and burning them, so I used the LOW broiler setting and it took longer than suggested. Just make sure that you cook them until browned.
Nutritional Information (per crab cake - makes 6 crab cakes)
196 calories - 13 g. fat - 13 g. protein - 1 g. fiber
- 2-1/2 c. crushed potato chips (I like Cape Cod Reduced Fat)
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat, picked through to remove any shells
- 1/3 c. tartar sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter, thinly sliced into six pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Mix crushed potato chips, crabmeat, tartar sauce, mustard, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl until well-combined.
3. Form crab mixture into six patties and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Top each with a pat of butter and broil until browned, approximately 1-2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.