HAM, SPINACH, & RICE CASSEROLE
I had the deli counter slice me 1/2 lb. of honey ham. That way, I just had to make the slices into little cubes and I was ready to go.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
441 calories - 18.8 g. fat - 29.4 g. protein - 5.2 g. fiber
- Two 10-oz. packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked white rice (I made mine in the rice cooker with chicken broth instead of water)
- 2/3 c. whole milk (I used skim and it turned out great)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. grated Gruyere cheese
- Coarse salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 lb. ham, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine spinach, rice, milk, eggs, 3/4 c. cheese, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and beginning to brown (about 10 minutes).
4. Add wine and cook until evaporated, approximately 3 minutes.
5. Add ham and cook until warmed through, approximately 2 minutes.
6. Add ham mixture to spinach and rice mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 c. cheese.
7. Bake until warmed through and golden brown on top, approximately 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy! Happy Friday everyone!