Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Barbecued Pork Chops

My mom used to make this recipe for us when I was growing up, so I have no idea where it came from. It's really easy but requires a fairly long cooking time (just keep that in mind if you are looking for a really fast dinner). I served this last night with a big green salad and Fresh Lemon Rice from Cooking Light.

BARBECUED PORK CHOPS

Recipe Notes

I had the butcher butterfly a couple of pork loin chops for me so that they would be thin and cook faster.

Ingredients

  • Four pork loin chops
  • Salt & pepper
  • 1/2 c. ketchup
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 lemon, cut into thin slices

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown both sides in a skillet coated with cooking spray for approximately 5 minutes.

3. Arrange pork chops in a glass baking dish. Top with lemon slices.

4. Mix ketchup, water, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the top of the pork chops.

5. Bake at 300 degrees for two hours for moist, fork-tender pork. Alternatively, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment