ASPARAGUS WITH PROSCIUTTO CHIPS
I take the time to get the prosciutto thinly-sliced by the butcher. That way, I only buy what I need, and it saves a bunch of money compared with buying prepackaged prosciutto.
- 3 oz. thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 2 small bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the prosciutto on a baking sheet lined with foil in a single layer. Bake until crisp, approximately 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
3. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Break the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over asparagus.