108 calories - 6.2 g. fat - 4.2 g. protein - 4.2 g. fiber
- 2 lb. haricot verts, trimmed
- 3 slices bacon (I used center-cut), chopped
- 3/4 c. thinly-sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. walnut oil
- 2 tsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Cook beans in boiling water or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans in ice water. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Add shallots to drippings in pan. Cook 5 minutes or until tender. Remove shallots and rest with bacon.
4. Add green beans to pan. Cook three minutes or until thoroughly heated. Combine beans, salt, oil & vinegar (or champagne vinaigrette), and bacon mixture.
5. Toss to combine. Top with walnuts and shallots. Serve warm.