GLAZED SALMON WITH BROCCOLI RICE
I prepared the rice in my rice cooker (thank you, Trey Wolff!) and steamed the broccoli simultaneously in the basket insert for the top of the rice cooker. Otherwise, you can prepare the rice and broccoli on the stove.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
497 calories - 11 g. fat - 38 g. protein - 2 g. fiber
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 c. long-grain white rice (I use Texmati)
- 1 head broccoli, stems discarded and cut into florets
- Four 6-oz. salmon filets, skinned
- 1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and soy sauce; set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last three minutes of cooking. Let stand off heat until broccoli is tender and fluff with a fork.
3. Place salmon and red onion on a foil-lined baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spoon half of the soy/brown sugar glaze over the salmon and onions.
4. Broil 8-10 minutes until the salmon is opaque throughout.
5. Serve the salmon and onions over the broccoli rice with the remaining soy/brown sugar glaze.