- 4 c. pecan halves
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. chili paste (check the imported section of your grocery store)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp. salt, divided
1. Combine all ingredients except for salt in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tsp. salt.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3. Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (preferred) with parchment paper. Spread nuts in a single layer on parchment paper.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool and store in a cool, dry environment (such as a metal tin or glass jar). Plastic containers are not recommended for storage - they may soften your pecans.