One recipe will make approximately 2 large loaves or 4 mini loaves. For mini loaves, adjust your baking time accordingly. In my oven, mini loaves took approximately 30 minutes.
- 1/2 c. butter, softened (one stick)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. molasses (we use Grandma's brand)
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. boiling water
1. Spray loaf pan(s) with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add molasses.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. Add flour, ginger, cloves, cinnamon.
5. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add to batter.
6. Pour into prepared pan(s) and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Serve warm for breakfast or dessert with a pat of butter.