These are great with grilled chicken or steak, and they are easy to prepare. Corey loves them because they incorporate his favorite "food group" - BACON.
I have adapted this recipe from an old Martha Stewart Everyday Food recipe. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Serves 2.
- Canned corn - one small can, drained
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped scallions
- 1/4 c. soft, crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 slices cooked bacon (I used center-cut), crumbled
- Sea salt & coarse ground pepper to taste
1. Combine canned corn, olive oil, scallions, goat cheese, white wine vinegar, bacon crumbles, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Slice top off of each beefsteak tomato. Using a spoon, hollow out the contents of each tomato.
3. Stuff with corn mixture and refrigerate before serving.