SLOW-COOKED CHILE CON CARNE
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
291 calories - 6 g. fat - 34 g. protein - 8.9 g. fiber
- 1-1/2 c. chopped onion (about one medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. sirloin, cut into small cubes
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 15 oz. can pinto beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 14 oz. can beef broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and add beef, garlic, and onion. Cook five minutes or until beef is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Combine beef mixture and remaining ingredients (tomatoes, pinto beans, black beans, beef broth, and all spices) in an electric slow cooker.
3. Cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 hours or on low for 8 hours.
4. Uncover, cook 30 minutes more or until slightly thickened.