STIR FRIED TURKEY IN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. fish sauce
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey (recipe recommends 93% lean, I used 99% lean)
- 2 large heads Bibb lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat.
3. Add minced jalapeno, ginger, garlic, and shallot. Stir until fragrant and slightly softening (approx. 30 seconds to 1 minute).
4. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon or spatula, for approximately 5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
5. Add sauce to skillet and stir until meat is cooked through. (I use all of the sauce at this point.)
6. Serve in lettuce leaves with remaining sauce (if you only used half before) and/or soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.