SKINNY CHICKEN FLORENTINE
I found this on a blog (Skinny Ms.) and she uses whole wheat pasta spirals. I used regular old white pasta spirals - honestly, the nutritional information isn't all that different between the two.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 6)
315 calories - 8.1 g. fat - 33.4 g. carbohydrates - 2.2 g. fiber
- 12 oz. precooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 box frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed of excess moisture)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 c. chicken broth (fat free)
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. low-fat cottage cheese (blended in Cuisinart to smooth out consistency)
- 2/3 c. fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. pasta (regular or whole grain), cooked according to package directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a glass 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add flour and whisk for approximately 30 seconds. I added a bit of the chicken broth here too for consistency purposes.
4. Add chicken broth and stir until thickened with whisk. (Keep whisking until all lumps are gone.)
5. Add lemon juice, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
6. Add cooked pasta, cottage cheese, spinach, chicken, and Parmesan. Stir to combine.
7. Turn pasta mixture into the greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden.