I made some of these to take to a Christmas gift exchange using holiday M&M's. Boy, are these good! Recipe credit to fearlesshomemaker.com for the recipe.
M&M COOKIE BARS
You can use any M&M's of your choice, but these are great for a holiday theme (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc.) when M&M's makes the color-themed M&M's.
- 2-1/8 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 12 tbsp (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. bag M&M's candies, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk, continue mixing.
3. Add the vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Continue mixing.
4. Add the flour and continue mixing.
5. Add 1 c. of the M&M's. Mix until just combined.
6. Turn dough out into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Press remaining M&M's into the dough.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the bars are light golden brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving.