I found this recipe on Pinterest (courtesy of inspireddreamer.com), but my mom made a version of this chicken growing up that I hadn't had in years. The recent recipe posting called it "The World's Best Chicken", but I've always known it as Honey Mustard Chicken, so that's what you are getting here! Serve this saucy chicken with white rice and a big salad.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
The original recipe calls for cooking the dish uncovered at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes. I found it to work best to cook (covered with foil) for 35 minutes in a 400 degree oven, but my oven runs hot because it's a convection oven.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Rosemary for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar.
3. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in dish and season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Pour mustard mixture over chicken (make sure each chicken breast is well-coated).
5. Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven.