CREAMED CORN WITH BACON & LEEKS
I used Steam Fresh frozen corn, which I cooked in the microwave, instead of cutting the kernels myself off of corn cobs. Saved me time and money!
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 6)
151 calories - 4.6 g. fat - 7 g. protein - 23.1 g. carbohydrates - 2.4 g. fiber
- 6 ears corn (or one package frozen corn to make ~3 cups)
- 2 c. 1% milk (I used skim
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 c. chopped leeks
1. Cut kernels from ears of corn to make 3 cups (or cook frozen corn).
2. Place half corn kernels, milk, sugar, corn starch, salt, and black pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth.
3. Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet until crisp. Remove to a paper towel and crumble.
4. Reserve 1 tsp. bacon drippings in skillet. Add leeks and cook until tender (2-4 minutes).
5. Add pureed corn mixture and corn kernels to skillet. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
7. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon just before serving.