- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro (plus more for serving, as noted above)
- 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1-1/4 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or saucepan. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until soft, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper, and salt/pepper to taste. Cook 1-2 minutes more.
3. Add cilantro, wine, capers, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes. Liquid will be slightly thickened.
4. Add shrimp and lime juice. Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (3-5 minutes).
5. Serve with tortillas and toppings noted above.