Friday, February 26, 2010

Ice Cream Pie

It's that time of year again, and of course I got roped into buying Girl Scout cookies like the rest of America. It's always hard to figure out what to do with them all, and an easy way to get rid of a whole box at once is to make a pie. I decided to try an ice cream pie with thin mints, Blue Bell mint chocolate chip ice cream, and hot fudge topping. It was a little messy, but pretty tasty.

ICE CREAM PIE

Recipe Notes
Make sure to freeze the ice cream thoroughly before adding the hot fudge topping layer. I didn't wait long enough and it got messy!

Ingredients
  • Your favorite Girl Scout cookies (1 box) - I used thin mints, and I would think that trefoils or the peanut butter sandwich cookies would also work well.
  • Melted butter (2-3 tbsp.)
  • Your favorite ice cream (I used Blue Bell mint chocolate chip)
  • Hot fudge topping (I used Smucker's)

Instructions

1. Pulse cookies in a Cuisinart until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse 3-4 times until well combined.

2. Spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture into bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Let cool.

4. Spoon softened ice cream into the crust and refreeze until firm.

5. Spread hot fudge topping or other chocolate topping on top of the ice cream layer and keep frozen until ready to serve.


1 comment:

  1. Kristi-I made this and it is insanely delicious! I didn't understand how it would all come together to become a firm pie (as I made it, I mean), but it did. !! Genius.

    ReplyDelete