ITALIAN SEASONED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH HEARTY TOMATO BLEND
- 1 c. uncooked extra long grain rice
- 1/3 c. chopped celery
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast cutlets (3/4-1 lb.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 c. Hearty Tomato Blend (below)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding celery with rice.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Combine breadcrumbs with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Cook chicken in hot oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet (medium-high heat) 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from skillet and drain well on paper towels. Keep warm.
5. Heat 2 c. Hearty Tomato Blend in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
6. Toss hot cooked rice with parsley and place on a serving plate. Top with chicken. Spoon Hearty Tomato Blend over the chicken and rice. Garnish if desired.
HEARTY TOMATO BLEND
- Three 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes, drained
- Four 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
1. Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.