Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tomato Salad with Avocado and Cotija Cheese



This is a super-easy summer salad - four ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) and no cooking necessary.

TOMATO SALAD WITH AVOCADO & COTIJA CHEESE

Recipe Notes
I've decided that it's worth it to buy organic avocados (I don't typically buy anything organic because I find it to be cost-prohibitive for just marginally better produce).  The past few times I've needed avocados, they've been beautiful and perfect and lasted several days in the refrigerator until I needed to use them.  So I guess I'll be using organic avocados from now on.

Cotija cheese is a mild Mexican cheese that is not unlike feta.  You can substitute feta, but it's better with cotija.

Ingredients
  • Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
  • Avocados (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
  • Cotija cheese
  • Bottled balsamic vinaigrette (I used Wishbone)
  • Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions
1.  Alternate tomato and avocado slices in a circular shape.
2.  Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese.
3.  Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.

Enjoy!  Couldn't be easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment