This is a super-easy summer salad - four ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) and no cooking necessary.
TOMATO SALAD WITH AVOCADO & COTIJA CHEESE
I've decided that it's worth it to buy organic avocados (I don't typically buy anything organic because I find it to be cost-prohibitive for just marginally better produce). The past few times I've needed avocados, they've been beautiful and perfect and lasted several days in the refrigerator until I needed to use them. So I guess I'll be using organic avocados from now on.
Cotija cheese is a mild Mexican cheese that is not unlike feta. You can substitute feta, but it's better with cotija.
- Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- Avocados (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- Cotija cheese
- Bottled balsamic vinaigrette (I used Wishbone)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Alternate tomato and avocado slices in a circular shape.
2. Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese.
3. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy! Couldn't be easier.