Cooking Light does a nice job with really quick little sides that they include paired with larger dishes. This was one of them. They don't give full nutritional information, but this side dish did have less than 100 calories per serving, and I think that it has between 1-2 WW Points Plus only because of the olive oil.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC & RED PEPPER
I roasted mine significantly longer than the original recipe called for....you can cook these anywhere from 8-15 minutes depending on your preference.
I prefer long, very thin asparagus. If you get more traditional, thicker asparagus, your roasting time will need to increase. This dish serves four.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine asparagus, olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic, and salt and pepper on the jelly roll pan. Toss well to coat.
3. Roast for between 8-15 minutes, depending on preference. I roasted mine for 13 minutes. Toss at least once during cooking.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional salt.