This tasty side appeared in a recent issue of Real Simple. I served it with grilled chicken and a salad and both my husband and I liked it very much.
CARROTS WITH MUSTARD SEEDS & DILL
I could not find "young or small carrots", so I got a bunch of regular sized carrots and cut each one into at least quarters, which ended up being a good size.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
73 calories - 3 g. fat - 1 g. protein - 10 g. carbs - 4 g. fiber
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter (the recipe calls for 1 tbsp, but I used half that)
- 1 lb. young or small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds (I used ground mustard seeds so that the carrots almost had a type of mustard glaze on them after cooking)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add carrots, mustard seeds, salt, and 3/4 c. water.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and water has cooked off (15-17 minutes).
3. Add vinegar and dill. Toss to combine and serve.