PARMESAN-CRUSTED POTATO WEDGES
I recommend choosing smaller potatoes. The larger ones make for VERY large wedges.
Nutritional Information (4 large wedges per serving - serves 8)
165 calories - 2.4 g. fat - 7.4 g. protein - 28.5 g. carbs - 2.7 g. fiber
- 1.5 oz. all-purpose flour (about 1/3 c.)
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3/4 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) finely crushed
- 2 baking potatoes cut lengthwise into eight wedges each
- 2 sweet potatoes cut lengthwise into eight wedges each
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish. Set aside.
3. Combine egg whites and water in a shallow dish or bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
4. Combine cheese and panko in a shallow dish. Set aside.
5. Dredge potato wedges in flour mixture, followed by egg white mixture, followed by cheese and panko mixture.
6. Divide potato wedges between two baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden, rotating pans after 20 minutes.