EASY MOCHA CHIP ICE CREAM CAKE
As you can see from the photo above, I couldn't find dark chocolate chunk-coffee ice cream or chocolate-chocolate chip, so I used chocolate and vanilla ice creams and it was very tasty. You might also try coffee ice cream or cookies and cream ice cream for a layer. Southern Living's version is gorgeous (see photo here), but I didn't have time to find chocolate-covered coffee beans with two toddlers and a hungry husband and father-in-law at home!
- 1 pint dark chocolate chunk/coffee ice cream, softened
- 3 sugar cones, crushed
- 1/3 c. chocolate fudge shell topping
- 14 oz. container premium chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 6 oreo cookies, finely crushed
- Mocha Ganache (4 oz. semisweet chocolate, 1 tsp. espresso, and 4 tbsp. whipping cream required) - recipe follows in step 6
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional - garnish)
1. Line an 8x5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing 3 inches to extend over the sides. Spread chocolate chunk/coffee ice cream in the pan.
2. Sprinkle with crushed sugar cones and drizzle with magic shell topping. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Spread chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream over topping.
4. Top with crushed oreos, pressing into the ice cream. Freeze for four hours until firm.
5. Lift ice cream loaf from pan, using extra plastic wrap as handles. Invert onto a serving plate and discard the plastic wrap.
6. Prepare mocha ganache by combining semisweet chocolate, espresso, and 3 tbsp. whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute or until melted and smooth. Whisk in remaining 1 tbsp. whipping cream and use immediately.
7. Slowly pour mocha ganache over ice cream loaf, allowing it to drip down the sides.
8. Freeze an additional 10 minutes, then let stand for 10 minutes at room temp. before serving.
9. Garnish with chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans, if desired.