HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALAD WITH HERBS & CAPERS
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 6)
112 calories - 4.2 g. fat - 5.6 g. protein - 2.6 g. fiber
- 2-3 lbs. assorted beefsteak and cherry heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges or in half (depending on size of tomatoes)
- 1/2 c. (2 oz.) reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced basil
- 3 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. capers, drained and chopped (I skip the chopping part for this ingredient)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted or grilled
1. Combine first nine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle tomato mixture with salt and pepper and toss gently.
3. Serve with bread.