CHICKEN ORZO SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
This recipe needs just a little "something extra" - it's a tad bit dry by itself. Corey tried adding about 1 tbsp. of light champagne vinaigrette to his meal and it was just what the doctor ordered. I would think that just about any vinaigrette would compliment this nicely.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 6)
295 calories - 7 g. fat - 32 g. carbohydrates - 24 g. protein
- 1-1/4 c. uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 c. chopped grilled chicken
- 1-1/2 c. trimmed arugula
- 1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp. goat cheese
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
2. Combine pasta, chicken, arugula, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion, basil, and oregano in a bowl. Toss well.
3. Combine vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad.
4. Toss well to coat and sprinkle with goat cheese.