Great fall side alert! I found this while browsing Pinterest and it went great with grilled chicken. It requires some chopping but otherwise this is a super-easy side.
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & SWEET POTATOES
The original recipe includes pecans (which I've included here as well). I skipped the pecans in the version above and it turned out great without as well. Recipe credit to www.theroastedroot.net.)
- 4 c. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch to 1 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin (go lightly here)
- Pinch of allspice
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 c. raw pecans (may exclude)
- 1/3 c. feta cheese
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients through sea salt in a bowl, stir well to combine.
3. Turn out vegetables in a glass 8x8 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Place on center rack in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Stir once halfway through cooking.
4. While vegetables roast, heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling.
5. Cook at a full controlled boil, stirring frequently, until vinegar is reduced to between 1/3 and 1/2 of its original volume (approx. 5-7 minutes).
6. Remove vegetables from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top and serve.