I found this salad while perusing Pinterest. The original recipe is from keyingredient.com, but I have modified it slightly based on my family's tastes. This is a nice substantial salad. The original recipe makes WAY too much dressing....I made a half recipe of the below dressing and am still using it three salads later.
CRANBERRY AVOCADO SALAD WITH CANDIED PECANS & WHITE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
The original recipe calls for candied sliced almonds. I used candied pecans in the below version. I think that the dressing can do without the poppy seeds and sesame seeds if you'd like to exclude them, also.
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. baby spinach, arugula, or field greens (I used a combination of arugula and field greens)
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. candied spiced pecans
1. Combine first 10 ingredients (sugar through olive oil) in a glass jar. Shake well to emulsify.
2. Combine greens, cilantro, avocado, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl, toss with dressing to combine.
Please note: dressing recipe above makes a very large batch of dressing. Not all dressing will be needed for this recipe. Save extra dressing for future use!