This Cooking Light recipe was a nice little twist on fresh tomatoes.
TOMATO SALAD WITH CAESAR BREADCRUMBS
I tossed the arugula in a small amount of Wishbone balsamic vinaigrette instead of making my own as the recipe recommends. It was faster, and I also generally think that bottled vinaigrettes are superior to those that I can make myself, anyway. I also skipped the anchovy paste in this recipe.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
95 calories - 7.2 g. fat
- 6 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups arugula
- 1-1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1. Heat 4 tsp. olive oil, garlic, and anchovy paste in a skillet over medium heat (1 minute).
2. Add fresh breadcrumbs and cook for 1-1/2 minutes.
3. Combine remaining olive oil, arugula, and balsamic vinegar (or substitute bottled vinaigrette for the vinegar and oil).
4. Top arugula with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and kosher salt over tomatoes.