This Southern Living recipe for creamed corn was easy and really good. I halved the recipe (13 ears of corn is a LOT of corn!) and still had plenty to spare.
This recipe uses a corn reamer. I would recommend buying one because it makes recipe assembly MUCH easier. They are not expensive, either. Mine was less than $10.
- 13 ears of fresh corn, husked
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Minced chives for garnish
1. Cut kernels off cobs using a corn reamer. Discard cobs.
2. Cook kernels in a small Dutch oven over low heat, stirring often, for approximately 30 minutes or until corn is tender. (Add water as needed, one tbsp. at a time, to keep corn from drying out during cooking.)
3. Stir in cream and butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.