This Martha Stewart Living recipe is fast, vegetarian, and no cook. What could be better during the long, hot summer?! These were totally refreshing and even my meat-loving husband has enjoyed these twice since the thermostat started rising without complaining once.
COTIJA & CORN TACOS WITH LIME & MANGO
If you can't find cotija cheese, which is a mild Mexican cheese, you can substitute good-quality feta.
- Fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears of corn)
- 3 oz. cotija or mild feta cheese, crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 tsp. finely-grated lime zest
- 2-1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced scallions (green onions)
- Coarse salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and sliced into long, thin strips
- Lime wedges for serving
1. Combine corn, cheese, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, cilantro, and scallion in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Warm tortillas over a gas burner until slightly blistered and charred. Fill with mango slices and corn filling and garnish with limes.