CHICKEN ROLLATINI WITH SPINACH & PARMESAN
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 8)
195 calories - 7 g. fat - 24.2 g. protein - 7.2 g. carbohydrates - 1.5 g. fiber
- 8 thin chicken cutlets
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. grated or shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 tbsp. egg whites (from approximately 3 large eggs)
- 5 oz. frozen spinach (1/2 box), squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp. part-skim ricotta
- 6 oz. part-skim mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 c. marinara sauce (bottled)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese in a bowl. In a second bowl, add the whites of two eggs.
4. Combine 4.5 oz. shredded mozzarella with remaining Parmesan, ricotta, spinach (squeezed dry), and remaining egg whites.
5. Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spoon 2 tbsp. spinach/ricotta mixture into the center of each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep the seam side down.
6. Dip rolled-up chicken in egg whites, then roll breadcrumbs. Place breaded chicken cutlets seam side down in a glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
7. When finished, lightly spray the tops of the chicken cutlets with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and top with sauce and remaining mozarella cheese.
9. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, approximately 5 minutes. Serve with additional sauce and grated cheese on the side, if desired.