SOY-GLAZED SALMON WITH ARUGULA & ORANGE SALAD
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. honey (divided)
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented, with juice reserved from membranes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets, approx. 6 oz. each
- 1 bunch watercress OR several cups of baby arugula (my preference)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 3 tsp. honey, and juice from two segmented oranges to create a glaze. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a larger bowl, whisk together one tbsp. glaze, remaining tsp. honey, rice vinegar, and oil. Set aside - this will be your salad dressing.
3. Heat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat.
4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season salmon with salt and pepper and broil for 5 minutes. I lightly brush on a small amount of glaze before this initial broil - the recipe does not call for this.
5. Remove fish from the oven after 5 minutes and brush with glaze. Broil until opaque throughout, approximately 2-4 minutes more depending on fish thickness. Brush with additional glaze.
6. Add orange segments, watercress OR arugula, and sliced red onion to salad dressing. Toss until coated.
7. Serve fish over white or brown rice with salad.