I can't stand anchovies, so I left them out and no one was any the wiser. So if you would like to skip out on the little fishies too, I don't think your dinner guests would mind!
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
404 calories - 17.5 g. fat - 13.1 g. protein - 3.9 g. fiber - 51.5 g. carbs
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 anchovy fillets (I left these out)
1-1/2 c. crushed canned tomatoes
3/4 c. pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp. drained capers (I used more because I really like capers)
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil and minced garlic.
2. Cook garlic for 30 seconds, then add anchovies. Mash in the pan to form a paste.
3. Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley, capers, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add fettuccine (approximately 1/2 of a 16-oz. box). Cook 8 minutes until al dente.
5. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 c. pasta water.
6. Add pasta and pasta water to tomato sauce. Increase heat.
7. Cook 5 minutes, tossing to combine.
8. Divide pasta among four bowls and top with cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. oil, if desired (I skipped the last of the oil).