Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 8, two-cutlet portions)
384 calories - 13.7 g. fat - 58.1 g. protein - 3.6 g. carbohydrates - 0.4 g. fiber
- 8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. jarred roasted red peppers (rinsed, patted dry, and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 c. pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 16 chicken cutlets
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 c. tomato sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine feta, peppers, olives, scallions, and oregano.
3. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Place cutlets on a flat surface, smooth side down. Spoon 2 tbsp. cheese mixture into center of each cutlet. Fold up sides of chicken around cheese, making a packet. If freezing, follow instructions above under "Recipe Notes". If baking immediately, continue below.
5. Arrange cutlets, seamside down, on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake until chicken is opaque throughout (approximately 20 minutes). If baking frozen chicken cutlets, increase baking time to 30 minutes.
6. Top, if desired, with tomato sauce.