Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 12 BIG servings)
303 calories - 9.8 g. fat - 5.1 g. protein - 3.5 g. fiber
- 5 lbs. peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3/8 tsp. salt, divided
- 1-1/2 c. flour, plus two tbsp. flour, divided
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. butter (one stick), softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. blueberries
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place peaches in a large bowl with lemon juice, 3/4 c. sugar, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 2 tbsp. flour. Toss to coat and arrange in glass baking dish.
3. Combine 1-1/2 c. flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, combine softened butter and 1/4 c. sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, flour mixture, and buttermilk, alternating flour mixture and buttermilk when combining.
5. Turn off mixer and fold in blueberries.
6. Spread batter evenly over peaches and sprinkle with sugar. Place baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet (to avoid spills in the oven). Bake at 375 degrees for one hour, or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly.
7. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream!