Good low-calorie crock pot recipe. Easy to put together and ready in about four hours.
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
From the blog slenderkitchen.com. Nutritional information below is for chicken only. Does not include information for rice as seen above.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 6)
201 calories - 1 g. fat - 17 g. carbohydrates - 33 g. protein - 0 g. fiber
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce (Do not use regular. The result is too salty.)
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Whisk together garlic, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, and honey.
2. Add chicken to crock pot.
3. Pour sauce over chicken and mix everything together.
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through but not dry.
5. Remove chicken from sauce to a baking sheet covered with foil.
6. Broil for 5 minutes to create a crispy outside.
7. Return to sauce and serve over rice.