MINI BBQ MEATLOAVES
Serve this Cooking Light recipe with buttermilk mashed potatoes and a green vegetable or salad. The original magazine version included nutritional information for smashed blue cheese potatoes along with the meatloaf, so I have not included the nutritional information because I only made half of the recipe and don't have the nutritional information isolated for the meatloaves alone.
- 8 oz. mild Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 8 oz. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. grated carrot
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/4 c. panko or whole wheat panko
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c. BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray. You will use somewhere between 8-10 of the muffin cups.
3. Combine sausage, beef, carrot, green onions, panko, pepper, and egg in a large bowl. Stir until just combined.
4. Divide mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups.
5. Make a small indentation in the center of each meat loaf to prevent protein from shrinking during cooking.
6. Top each meatloaf with approximately 2 tsp. BBQ sauce.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.