This was an easy dinner to put together made with some basic groceries. Recipe credit to Woman's Day Magazine.
ZESTY SHRIMP WITH CHIMICHURRI RICE
If you can cook the rice beforehand (I used my rice cooker), the rest of the recipe takes a maximum of 20 minutes to put together.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
415 calories - 13 g. fat - 53 g. carbs - 6 g. fiber
- 1 c. long grain white rice
- 1 medium orange
- 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 avocado, diced small
1. Cook rice according to package directions and set side.
2. Finely grate 2 tsp. orange zest and set aside.
3. Peel the orange and section it. Roughly chop the segments and place in a bowl.
3. Squeeze the juice from the membrane into the bowl and add cilantro, scallions, garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Season shrimp with reserved zest, the cumin, and salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout.
6. Fold the rice and diced avocado into the cilantro/orange mixture and top with shrimp for serving.