This simple homemade salad goes great with a chicken dish or even a nice bowl of chili. Credit to Martha Stewart for the recipe.
ARUGULA SALAD WITH SHAVED MANCHEGO
You can also substitute in marinated tomatoes for the sun dried tomatoes. A spinach and arugula salad blend also works well if you can't find straight arugula salad mix.
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Baby arugula (12-16 oz.)
- 1/4-c. oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. shaved Manchego cheese
1. Prepare dressing: in a large bowl, whisk honey and vinegar until combined. Whisk in oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Add arugula and sun dried tomatoes. Toss to combine.
3. Add most of the shaved Manchego, toss further to combine. Add remaining Manchego to the top prior to serving. Serve immediately.