This easy Cooking Light pasta uses frozen spinach and artichoke dip as its base. It look less than 30 minutes to put together and both Corey and I liked it, so it's a keeper.
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE PASTA WITH VEGETABLES
I am neutral on the pine nuts. I may leave them out next time. I also folded the basil into the pasta instead of sprinkling it on top of the pasta as the original recipe called for.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
388 calories - 10.9 g. fat - 19 g. protein - 55.5 g. carbohydrates - 5.3 g. fiber
- 8 oz. uncooked rotini pasta (1/2 of a 1 lb. box)
- 2 c. cut asparagus (approx. 2-inch dice)
- 1 c. chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2/3 c. fat free or 1% lowfat milk
- 8 oz. package frozen spinach/artichoke cheese dip (such as TGI Friday's), thawed
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded (approx. 1/4 c.)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last three minutes of cooking, add asparagus and bell pepper to the pot. Drain after cooking and keep warm.
2. Combine milk and spinach dip in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook five minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Combine pasta and vegetables, spinach/cheese sauce, salt, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with basil, pine nuts, and cheese. Serve immediately.