I found this salad in an issue of Southern Living over the summer. It brings together that salty/sweet combination of melon and prosciutto quite nicely.
MELON & CRISPY PROSCIUTTO SALAD
I served this with chicken enchiladas, but it would work well with just about any grilled protein (steak, chicken, pork chops). The recipe calls for honeydew melon, but you can use just about any melon. I personally think that the recipe makes too much dressing - I only used about 1/2 to 2/3 of the dressing that the recipe made.
- 4-oz. package of prosciutto
- 6 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 10 c. loosely-packed arugula
- 1/2 small honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cubed or coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Arrange prosciutto on a foil-lined baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until crispy.
2. Whisk together mint, olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
3. Toss greens and chopped melon with vinaigrette. Top with crumbled prosciutto, crumbled feta, and chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.