This quick salad was in a recent Cooking Light edition and proved to be tasty, colorful, and versatile. I served it with grilled chicken, tomatillo sauce, and rice, but it can go with many dinner combinations.
SALAD WITH WALNUTS, GRAPEFRUIT, & FETA
I actually made this without the walnuts because I ran out, so the calorie count for the version you see above is slightly lower than the stated recipe nutritional information.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
145 calories - 12.5 g. fat
- 1 small ruby red grapefruit
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 c. torn butter lettuce
- 4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp. toasted walnuts
1. Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl. Squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside and reserve 3 tbsp. grapefruit juice. Discard membranes.
2. Combine juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
3. Divide lettuce evenly among four plates.
4. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. feta cheese and 1 tbsp. walnuts over each salad.
5. Divide grapefruit sections evenly among salads and drizzle with vinaigrette.