This recent Cooking Light recipe was a hit. It takes quite a bit of time to assemble (especially if you're making other components to the dinner such as sides), and Corey and I preferred to grill the chicken outside instead of pan grilling it as the recipe suggests.
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO CONFETTI
Instead of pan grilling the chicken, Corey grilled it outside for me after marinating the chicken breasts in Ken's Light Northern Italian dressing, Worchestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
254 calories - 8.2 g. fat - 1.2 g. fiber - 3.6 g. carbs - 39.2 g. protein
- Four (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Mexican pork chorizo, casings removed (about 1/2-2/3 of one link)
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 2 tbsp. diced carrots
- 1/4 c. diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. diced yellow bell peppers
- 2 tbsp. diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 c. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (or more, depending on your taste)
1. Grill chicken either in a grill pan or outdoor grill until desired doneness.
2. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring to crumble.
3. Add salt and pepper, onion, and carrot. Cook 2 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
4. Add bell peppers, cook 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
5. Add chicken stock and simmer until chicken stock almost evaporates. Stir to loosen browned bits.
6. Spoon chorizo over grilled chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.