According to Cooking Light, you can assemble the crust and filling up to two days ahead and then top with the strawberry mixture on the morning of your event.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 10)
289 calories - 8.9 g. fat - 4.5 g. protein - 3 g. fiber - 48.7 g. carbs
For the crust
- 36 honey graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 tsp. water
For the filling
- 2/3 c. light cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
For the topping
- 6 c. fresh strawberries, divided
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare crust: place graham crackers in food processor and process until crumbly. Add butter, sugar, and water from crust ingredient list above. Pulse until moist.
3. Place graham cracker mixture in a 10-inch glass pie plate, pressing into the bottom and up the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Prepare filling: combine cream cheese (softened), sugar, and extracts. Stir until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
5. Prepare topping: place two c. strawberries in a food processor and process until pureed.
6. Combine puree, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir for one additional minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
7. Combine remaining 4 c. strawberries with lemon juice, toss to coat. Arrange berries over filling and spoon half of the glaze over the strawberries. (I used more than half because the recipe otherwise does not use all of the glaze).
8. Sprinkle toasted almonds around the edge of the pie. Cover and chill for three hours before serving.