CONFETTI COUS COUS
For whatever reason, I really dislike eggplants. Therefore, I omitted the baby eggplants from this recipe. If you'd like the original eggplant-filled recipe, it's available on Cookinglight.com.
Nutritional Information (per serving - makes 8 one-cup servings)
271 calories - 9.8 g. fat - 39.3 g. carbs - 6.8 g. protein - 4.6 g. fiber
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 c. water
- 1-1/2 c. fat free chicken broth
- 2 c. uncooked Israeli cous cous
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Brush squash and bell peppers evenly with 4 tsp. olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
3. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Cool, chop, and set vegetables aside in a large bowl.
4. Bring 2 c. water to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in cous cous. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until cous cous is tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
5. Combine cous cous, remaining salt and pepper, and vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
6. Combine red wine vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining olive oil. Drizzle oil and vinegar mixture over cous cous and toss to coat.
7. Stir in basil and serve.