Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Taco Toppings

I made these grilled fish tacos from Martha Stewart Everyday Food recently, and I needed some toppings to give them a summery kick. Enter the Corn and Tomato Relish from the same Everyday Food along with Guacamole 1-2-3 (combine the juice of 1 lemon, 2 small chopped tomatoes, and 3 mashed ripe avocados with salt and pepper to taste - delicious guacamole every time!). This was a nice, light, summery topping that would also do well as a Tex-Mex summer side.

Corn and Tomato Relish

The recipe calls for fresh corn kernels. I used canned corn in order to save time and a little money.


Ingredients


- 1 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly crosswise
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (I used more because my husband LOVES cilantro)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice (approximately 1 small lime)


Instructions


Combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment